CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Where have all the Unicorns gone?

I'm a child of the 80's, I admit that with pride. Back then Unicorns were the shiznit. Everyone loved them and wanted them. You could find them plastered on shirts, airbrushed on blue jean jackets and given as prizes on glass mirrors at the local fair.

So naturally, I was thrilled when Arwen started becoming interested in them (and horses, naturally). She told me the magic words, "I want a Unicorn birthday Party," and it took all I had not to pump my arm in the air Arsenio Hall style. I was so excited. It almost made the skating party with 25 wild children something bearable.

Then I started looking...and looking...and looking. I became frantic. Aside from a huge Mylar balloon I could find nothing. No napkins, cups, or plates. No party favors, cake toppers, or hats. I couldn't even find a decent cake. I called stores, sent my Mom, still no go.

I rushed to the Internet and finally found what I sought only to cringe at the huge inflated shipping costs. I debated on just purchasing purple or pink and telling Arwen I was sorry but I couldn't find what she wanted. But ultimately I know it's her birthday and what she truly wants so I will sacrifice to see that she gets it (even if that means the haircut I've been needing will be pushed back another few weeks).

Where oh where have all the unicorns gone? I hope locating a collectible Unicorn won't be as difficult. I know that the shop I used to frequent is still open. Hopefully I can find something that will take her breath (ok maybe mine too) away.

1 comments:

X-Ray Geek said...

My guess is that unicorns will be popular exactly three months after the party! It never fails, you look so hard for something and then a couple months after the do-ings, there it is!