CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Respect

I've went from angry to down right pissed at entertainment reporters. I read THIS on CNN.com.

Heath Ledger was an intensely private man. You could tell this just by watching the interviews he gave. I know he tried to live his life out of the spot light. He resided in Brooklyn which goes to show his desire to be normal and to blend in with his neighbors and those around him.

I suppose that's what makes me so upset. In his death he should be respected as much as possible. I realize people want to publish stories. I don't mind that at all. People magazine ran a cover story about him and it was tastefully done. But Entertainment Tonight isn't following that same protocol.

They've come across a video tape that is 2 years old that shows Heath in a room with people doing drugs. I've not seen the video in it's entirety but I've seen the clips of him (it was on a commercial for the show) saying he has a daughter (he says her name) and his girlfriend is going to be so pissed at him. Entertainment Tonight was going to air this video in it's entirety for the world to see. It was set to be viewed tonight.

Then today they decided to pull the plug. I actually thought there was hope. Maybe they could see past the dollar signs and instead allow his family to mourn. But no. They have decided not to go forward because they fear the backlash from agents who have written producers to state they will not allow their star clients to appear on the show if ET proceeds forward with it's report.

How freaking sad.

1 comments:

Rae said...

hey, you might find this blog entry interesting...a possible medical perspective on Heath's untimely death.

http://www.docgurley.com/2008/01/25/was-heath-ledger-snoring-or-was-it-something-worse/