CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Beware, Huge Rant Ahead!


I have a few things to get off my chest:

Why does the computer run so damned slow when I need to look something up? I thought DSL was more expensive because it performed better.

Why do my children fight one another? Why can't they get along for more than 15 minutes at a time?
.
Why do they insist upon dragging out each toy to make a huge mess. What happened to one toy at a time to play with happily?
.
Why do my children leave all the shitty diapers for me? And better still, why does my 4 year old only use the potty when his Daddy is home.
.
Why do I have to put all these periods .... in between my paragraphs blogger??? I put a space in the preview but it never shows up. This is a serious peeve.

And as for...

You people who made hot wheels cars. Each time I step on one of those fuckers I wish you would die a slow painful death.

To the people who decide to purchase cheap ass toys to give for christmas/birthday/holiday gifts. Do me a favor and just don't. You try explaining to my children why the toy they got only worked for 5 minutes and is "all gone" now.

To the people building a house next to us. Having your contractors show at 6am to pound away has made me hate you.

To my neighbors dog, Twitch. You've killed all my plants, ruined my yard and shit in my driveway. Your time is coming to an end my friend.

To my Mom. I love you, dearly. But don't keep buying stuff for ages 5-7 for my boys ages 2-4. They just don't get it and you only cause me to have to store more worthless crap they can, "grow into". I have an idea...it's called a giftcard.
.
Annabel. I love you more than life, I do. But I can't hold you all the time. Your screaming won't get you that end result.

And finally:

To the Oriental Trading Co. Fuck You. I'm not spending $17 dollars to ship $30 dollars for Unicorn stuff for my daughter. That is insane. I'll spend today looking for cheaper alternatives. You should be ashamed taking advantage of childrens birthdays as a way to make a buck.

**sorry for the rant. I'm not feeling well and it's Jimbos first day back at work. I apologize for my mouth as well but there are just those days when you need to let out a good "fuck" now and again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime. I wish I were there to give you a hug... I know how you feel. **********HUG***********

And I agree. Hotwheels hurt like a bitch when you step on them.

And just so you don't feel bad, I have a potty mouth too. FUCK FUCK FUCK. LOL ;) Love ya!

Rae said...

loove that atomic bomb hand signal, that says it all. hope things start looking sunnier soon.

Spook, RN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spook, RN said...

Yikes!

Tough week huh?
Goodness! O ye Mother of 4 precious children! I would not be surprised if there were times when you'd have thought less that kindly of your kids!

Heck, I know NOW what an idiot I was when I was young.
Which is why when I graduated college, the first thing I did was apologize to my parents for all the pain, heart ache and trouble I caused them over the years.

So, don't apologize for the language! You have nothing to be ashamed of!

As a famous quote goes: "At no point is freedom of speech as cherished as when someone strikes their thumb with a hammer!!" :-)

When I was going through Nursing School, lots of folks made it sound like I was Mr. Macho - I was working two jobs while going through full time school.

But I knew otherwise - one of my classmates was a the parent of a 2 year old daughter. She worked a full time job, went to school full time AND was also the responsible parent to her child (besides her spouse).

Not a day went by that I didn't tell her how much I admired her for her effort, hard work and enormous sacrifice.

Truly, my trials pale in comparison to what you go through every day.


Being a parent is not easy.

Jaime said...

You all have made me feel so much better. Today was just crap on a stick.

The hot wheels are put away and the kids are getting along...so far!

Katherine said...

Is there anything else you need at OTC? I know they offer free shipping for $75 orders or more. You could stock up on other stuff, for the next birthday/holiday!

I read your rant on lack of unicorn stuff too, we always do standard pink/purple plates and napkins and just get decorations in the theme.

Hmm, unicorn... you could get some elastic cord and ice cream cones and give every party goer their own unicorn horn... Get a standard or better yet girly if you can find it pin the tail on the donkey game and make your own horns, for pin the horn on the unicorn. Or make your own if you draw (I don't!)

Also, check out www.lisafrank.com. They have a party section, and I know when I was growing up (I'll be 30 in February), Lisa Frank was the unicorn source!

Jaime said...

Hey Katherine! ;)

Yep Lisa Frank is wonderful. What I finally did was chose the bare minimum. Plates, cups and tablecloth. I'm going to get purple napkins, utensils, etc to go with it.

I shaved off a decent amount this way. Now I'm worrying over the cake. Should I bake my own and decorate it (it's been 10 years since I took food prep in high school, I did cake decorating then) or wait and practice so I don't stress myself out.

I think I'll be ordering a cake this year, one last time LOL!

Katherine said...

Our local supermarkets, Vons and Albertsons will do some amazing custom cakes if you ask. And they aren't usually any more money. Costco sometimes will do custom stuff too.