CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Makes.Me.Sick.


I should be getting dressed right now but I'm so angry I had to write an entry. THIS happened not too far away from here and I wish I could fly over to this jail, walk the guy out of his cell, and drop him in the ocean in the middle of nowhere to tread water. Better yet, I'd weigh him down so that he would feel how terrible it is to hit water and sink and drown, much like a child would.

What is wrong with people?? I don't understand how people hurt children, I just don't. Here were are, a nation caring more for the welfare and humanity displayed to those who commit such heinous crimes. Have you read the numerous articles in favor of banning lethal injection because it is "cruel and unusual" punishment? Excuse me? Why should it be painless in circumstances like this one? This dumb shit lost his temper and killed his children in a fit of rage. Why do you care about his feelings, what about the horror and fear those children experienced in their last moments of life.

I remember vividly falling into the lake when I was 7 years old. I had a broken arm and it was in a cast. I reached over to run my finger across the water and fell in. I was terrified, I couldn't swim and pushed toward the surface of the water. I couldn't even see as the water was dark, the only light came from above me, glittering from the light of the sun. My Mother jumped in and pulled me out. I remember the terror and crying and clutching her.

I've been scared of water ever since.

I could cry reading this stuff. And the worst part? There will be another story equally bad like this tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. And following it will be another story about capital punishments and "rights" of those who commit such atrocious acts.
It makes me sick.

3 comments:

Erin said...

So they haven't actually found the bodies? Do you supposed that's not what he really did with them?

I've always said when someone commits such a horrible crime, whether it be to a child, animal or even another adult...I think their punishment should be the same crime on them. If a child is beaten, the person responsible needs to be beaten etc.

I agree w/ what you said...I think they should weight him down and dump him over the bridge and let him see how it feels.

Jaime said...

Hey Erin,

I couldn't agree more. I got on a rant this morning. I guess recently with Baby Grace and this today I was just ready to blow.

Lawfrog said...

These stories are so very depressing. I do not understand why people have children if this is how they are going to treat them. The Baby Grace story was particularly heinous and sad. It happened in my area (Houston/Galveston) so it had a lot of coverage here. SO SO sad.