CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When will it stop?


Today while doing my usual 'Monday morning news' I followed my normal routine. First, CNN.com and then People.com. As usual, on People there is an article about Britney Spears (big surprise there). She apparently had a mini breakdown and ended up sitting on a rock embankment while paparazzi snapped pictures of her.

This madness has to stop. It has to. It's not funny anymore and it makes me sick of our society and the people in it. I think Britney needs serious help, both mentally and emotionally. Can you imagine how difficult it would be having cameras shoved in your face since you were 18 years old? Or crazy men you don't know following you all around, watching as you go into Starbucks or the restroom? She's been dealing with this crap for so long now, I can't help but wonder if it didn't add to her irrational behavior as of late.


We need laws passed about this kind of thing. I used to think if you were a celebrity you lost your rights to privacy the moment you became a star. I was very apathetic. I figured with the ridiculous amounts of money the stars make they could afford security systems, gates and private property. But it's become a HUGE invasion of privacy. When a person can't even break down without having 50 camera bulbs flashing while they rush to capture the moment...


I hope Britney collects herself and rebuilds her life. Because I hate to think of the opposite and I'm telling you, I could see something terrible happening to her and it will be captured on film for the entire world to see. This girl is obviously suffering from severe mental illness and people need to have some respect and back the fuck off. Seriously.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I quite agree. The poor girl is really going downhill. She looks horrible and her actions are downright odd...I really think she needs help. Maybe if everybody would just leave her alone for a while she could get the help she needs and move on with her life. I can't imagine not being able to have a little breakdown at my own home w/out the whole world finding out. I've never liked Britney, but I do feel for her.