CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I visited my friend's myspace blog. The one I haven't spoken to in over a year now. Her cousin (I'll call her C) is the young lady who committed suicide this past week. Her entry was very sad, full of memories and guilt for not seeing the plan her cousin had in place during christmas. But I was relieved that she accepts she has found peace, even if it meant hurting those around her.

I don't know C's entire mental health situation. I believe something happened to her when she was a child (with a man if that tells you something). I know she struggled with this but couldn't give any specifics. I'd honestly not thought much of her in the last few years.

This entire situation is heartbreaking. C left behind a journal to chronicle the events a week before the night she took her life. She had everything planned out to a T. She spoke about not wanting her Mom to find her, finally going to heaven and finally ending her inner pain. I can't imagine how much C's Mother is suffering right now. My heart breaks for her.

I don't ever want to know what it is like to say goodbye to your child.

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

This is so very sad and I am sorry your friend is having to deal with it. My parents have always said that losing one of their children is unfathomable and they don't know if they could deal with it.

My condolences.

Erin said...

Suicide is really hard. I feel for your friend. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child...I honestly don't know if I could handle it.