CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Better off Dead Camaro



Tonight I remembered to google something that has been on my mind for the last two weeks. I've been doing a marathon of Better off Dead the last few nights and decided to do a google search about the movie.

To my surprise, I found a link to a website. BetterOffDeadCamaro.com If you are a fan of this movie or if you've lusted over this vehicle, you have to take a peek. Jeff decided to find out where this car was and to track it down. It took alot of hard work and patience but eventually it all paid off. He not only found the car but he managed to purchase and restore it as well.

It.Is.Awesome.

I emailed him like some geek to tell him I was going to make an entry about it. I hope he doesn't think I'm some deranged person. I've wanted to restore a muscle car for so long and seeing all of this rekindled that fire. My father owned a 69' Oldsmobile 442 (much like the one pictured above) and I cried when he sold it (I remember this vividly even though I was only 8 or so at the time). I swore one day I'd get the car back.
.
The site also has a "Did you know?" section and it's interesting. Offering some insight into the movie and some of what transpired on set. Check it out.

0 comments: