CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dear Christian Academy

Dear Christian Academy aka My Daughter's School,

The other day I received your little invitation to the "Bash". It sounded interesting and I was almost tempted to go, until I saw the cost of tickets. While I realize many of your students have parents who bring in wealthy incomes, our household is only middle class. We cannot afford to spend $150 dollars for the two of us to attend an event to bring money into the school.

But no big deal I figured, perhaps I'd just purchase a raffle ticket to show my support. That was until I found out the price per ticket. Now I have to know, do you truly think $100 is a reasonable amount per ticket? Sure, 10,000 bucks as a grand prize is alot of money. Just as your silent auction items (one being a frickin condo!) are astronomical. But I wonder if you'll even recoup your expenses. Oh wait, that's right, the money you are giving away was donated. My bad.

In any event (no pun intended) please forgive me but I must decline. And no, I won't come and clean the mess after to help or better yet, come and serve those rich people who have nothing better to do with their money and time than to flaunt it around.

Which leads me to my next 'dear' letter I'm working on. Where exactly does all the tuition children pay go to anyhow? And where is all this money you've made in the past invested in the school? Either you're paying your teachers very well or I've uncovered the mystery of why your church next door continues to get bigger and bigger and bigger...

Sincerely,

Not trying to keep up with the Jones

0 comments: