CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Tummy Hurts

One of the obstacles I face having an autistic son is communication. Logan can express his wants and desires now but he his responses are vague.

"More drink please."
"Poopie the pottie."
"Want Chips, Want Yogurt, Want Popcorn."

This is very frustrating when he doesn't feel well. I've noticed the last week or so he will point to his tummy at times and say, "Mommy, tummy hurt". I will go over and inspect his tummy and when I'm done he seems ok.

Today I got a note from the school. It's his first day back and has begun complaining about his tummy. I'm going to call the doctor and arrange to have him looked over. It's very scary when my child can't tell me how badly he hurts or exactly where the pain is coming from.

0 comments: