CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Almost


The other day my Mom (Jim's Mom) brought over some wallpaper. I was so excited. I've been wanting to do our living room for the longest time but since the kids were young (and money was tight) have had to wait. She found the most beautiful deep red wallpaper with the most subtle striping to it. Even better, she found it at 2 dollars (yes you read that right) a roll. I was beyond happy.

Sadly, I was 1 roll shy of what was needed to do the back wall (I'm doing one wall and painting the rest, using the wallpaper to add depth and texture). So I began the search online and when I hit the jackpot I had to stop from shitting myself. The paper she found on sale usually runs 20-40 dollars a ROLL. I ended up spending about 40 dollars for 2 rolls but in the long run, I actually saved money (if you think about it). Had I bought all the paper at cost it would have been $150 instead of $46, I can live with that.

Then yesterday while out I found the most amazing curtains (they are pictured below a roll of the wallpaper). They too were on sale! So the room is coming together. All that's left is to pick out the paint (from the pillow in the photo, that matches the couch). Then I'll spend a weekend doing my living room, FINALLY.

It's about time, our entire home has one room for adults, the formal dining room, and even that is slowly being taken over with home work and supplies (I have a metal wire cabinet with supplies and organizers underneath the antique hutch that holds my wedding paraphernalia). It will be awesome to have a room for me to sit in that doesn't have wall to wall toys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to ut a room together that is just for the adults. When I was pregnant with B Kory asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Our bedroom was the last one to be done in our house so I told him I wanted it painted as my present. My mom bought me a new comforter as a gift and VIOLA! To this day I love my bedroom. ;) Have fun wall papering!!

Lawfrog said...

Every adult needs at least one room in the house and yours is going to be beautiful. Please come over to my house when you are done with yours. I hate the living room, but haven't been able to do much with it.