CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

7 Random Things me-me

I've been tagged! This is so exciting. When I started my blog I'd hoped to one day get tagged because it looks fun, shares information and unties bloggers. Thank you RaeCatherine! =)

Here are the rules...

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here we go, 7 facts about me:

1. I hate cardboard boxes or cardboard material. The sound a box makes when it's being opened or rubbed against makes my skin crawl and the hair on my body rise up. Even typing this is making me feel icky. I don't know why and I don't understand it. It's so bad I won't even open things if they are inside cardboard.

2. I knew my husband in high school. I was the new girl on the block and he took an interest and asked me out. Sadly for him he was a little guy with a big mullet and I said no. I'm glad I met him a few years later and came around. Maybe it was because the mullet had been retired.

3. I didn't know how to cook until I got married. I'm still struggling with it too. I know how to make a few dishes but mostly I have trouble beyond them. Maybe I'm a strange woman but I've never really enjoyed cooking all that much. Baking, yes. Cooking, no.

4. I love to shoot pool. Jimbo and I used to shoot APA pool four nights a week, then three, then two, then one before we had to stop (too many children for my poor Mom to care for that often!). I was pregnant with Logan when our team won the national 9 ball championship locally and with it the trip to Las Vegas to compete. Unfortunately, I was so far along the doctor told me I couldn't go. I delivered the day after competition started.

5. I love all things 80's. I have a huge collection of old 80's movies on VHS tapes and I'll pick one each night before bed and pop it in. Right now, "Jumping Jack Flash" with Whoopi Goldberg is inside the player. I also have a collection of 80's compilations on CD. The only thing I can let go of from this period is the big hair and the spandex.

6. If I could meet one person it would be Dolly Parton. I've loved her since I was a child. I'd love to sit and talk with her about life. She just inspires me for some reason.

7. My favorite store in the world is the book store, I could spend hours inside one. My favorite one is in the older part of the city. It's a renovated house turned bookstore. I love to feel the history inside while browsing the selection (it's not Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million, titles are not guaranteed there). I also love the newer stores and when I need to get away I'll usually head straight for one.

Now for the tagging!

Littlesunshine who always blooms where she is planted.

Erin over at Life as we Know it.

Lawfrog because I think she'll enjoy it!

Anne over at Bun in the oven. Hers' was the first blog I ever read. Full off sass and humor!

X-Ray Geek because she's so not a geek to me!

Katherine at Because one is not enough since it's been awhile and it give an excuse to blog!

Kristin over at The life and times of first time stay at home Mom. She has a new one on the way and maybe a me-me would provide a nice distraction.

I'm off to leave tags, I hope no one kills me! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it when people complete memes...it's a nice way to throw even more of yourself out there! Thanks, hon!

Rae said...

wow you're fast! you're the first person tagged to post. a mullet, huh? =) that's hilarious.

i suck big-time at pool. so hats off to you! maybe someday you'll be able to get back at it...