CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holy Drama Asian Salona Batman!!


Wow, I come down from a nap and see I have a comment about my Asian Salon Rudeness post.

To start, I said I might step on toes when I blogged Hell-Mart Invasion, Mexicana Style. In general, a person cannot bring race or nationality into any forums without someone feeling offended. This is why I said it was very un-pc of me. However, I wrote about an experience I had in my local Wal-Mart. That is the sole purpose of this blog. As my creative and personal outlet. There was no intention to offend, hence the disclaimer.

Then today I was treated very rudely at the salon and posted about it on my blog. I post about licking my childrens hair down and sniffing kiddo butt among other things. I've also blogged about my wretched drug abusing family members and the rednecks in my state, not to mention meth labs down the road. I'm an equal opportunity pisser offer.

If there is a "tone" to any of my blogs, in regard to race, it is completely unintentional. Trust me, if I have something to say about it I'll say it. Why beat around the bush. What would be the point? I've already made it clear how I feel about popularity contests on blogs previous and I'm not out to win hearts or awards. I'm just here to write about my experiences as a stay at home Mom, as a woman and as a person.

I live in a rural area, surrounded by all sorts of different ethnicity's. In fact, I'm 25% Cherokee indian, my fathers side is Irish and my husbands side is Italian. So there is diversity in my own family. There is the language barrier as I am not fluent in Italian but on the same token, we also have religious issues. My husband and his family are Catholic, I am baptist. Yet we all strive to get along because in the long scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

So there you go, in a nutshell. I just saw another comment on the Asian Salon entry by Ant. Which goes to show me I have readers I wasn't even aware of. I suppose I could take that into consideration when I write, that there are people reading my blog that might be influenced by what message it sends. But if I changed how I write, or my opinions on things, that would be censoring myself. Something I'm not even going to consider.

So thank you to the visitors here that enjoy my blog. Keep coming by to see me, I enjoy hearing from you and checking out all of your blogs in turn! However, I'll continue to write my experiences and won't apologize if I step on toes in the process. If in the reading of my entries you find yourself upset or experiencing anxiety, then I can only suggest perhaps my blog isn't for you. Blogging is something that is meant to be enjoyed by all sides, as both a writer and a reader. I mean that in the most sincere way possible.
.
**Edited to add: I could have ended my explanation in the comments on the original post but after seeing the conflict this issue seems to have the ability to cause (and already has caused) felt it necessary to make an individual entry.

3 comments:

Erin said...

GASP! How un-PC of you, you called yourself INDIAN!! Don't you know the correct term is Native American?!?!? HEHE! Sorry I just couldn't help myself...

Jaime said...

LOL!! *blush*

Anonymous said...

This is a response to the article about the Asian nail salon.

You have the right to state your opinion. I believe you expressed your opinion in a polite way.

Sooner or later the multicultural society creates tensions.
In my opinion, it can only work successfully under Social Marxism or "Political Correctness."

I believe that most people feel emotional about their own race and/or ethnicity.
At least, they try to defend it.

I am an immigrant myself and coming from the Communist state. I can say the the US is changing rapidly. The only way, I believe, is to "shut people's mouths and censor free speech." Then everybody will be "happy, happy."...lol