CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

What is wrong with people??


I'll try to keep this PG-13 but it's going to be hard. So please, if foul language is a turn off, don't read on. If you don't mind, please continue. I'm sure that more than one of you will sympathize with what I'm about to blog.

When did people become so damned entitled? When did they become so much more important that others around them? I'm so sick of trying so hard to be respectful (as I was raised to be) only to be surrounded by others who are so rude and arrogant.

Just the other night, Halloween to be exact, we had the kids out. Arwen needed to use the restroom so she and I hurried back to her Meme's. As we arrive there are children at the stairs. I make Arwen wait instead of pushing through the children and SMACK! One of the kids, a little boy that is maybe 2 or 3 years old, slaps the piss out of my daughter.

Arwen grabs her arm and immediately looks to me. I glare at the child and one of the adults grabs him by the arm.

"Say you sorry!" the woman yells.

The boy stands there glaring. He shakes his head. She wraps her arms around him and stands over him.

"I said say you sorry or you gonna get a whoopin'! Say it right now and you won't be in too much trouble."

The boy stands and refuses to apologize to my daughter. The woman looks at me as I glare and offers a half-assed apology. "I's sorry." and walks away with her demon spawn. She never spanked him. The other woman with her and the two other children ask, "what did he do??" and I hear the woman mumble, "he hit that girl standin' there."

As I walked into the house I praised Arwen for being so respectful and told her how wrong that boy and his Mom are. She was confused and asked why he was allowed to do that and I told her because his Mother wasn't raising him properly.

Then this past Friday. We go to the movies after dinner on our anniversary. The movie is 30 days of Night and it's supposed to be dark. Someone should tell that to the couple who texted on their blackberry the entire time. They kept that phone on and open almost the entire movie. Totally disrespectful to those around them.

I wanted to go up and say something and each time I went to do so Jimbo would give me his puppy eyes, begging me not to. He knows how I am and he wanted to enjoy our night. I kept my seat but it was hard.

So what the hell is wrong with people? When did parents stop teaching the simple things? Like manners for instance? When did people start functioning under the assumption that it is their world and everyone else is just living in it?

This makes me wonder about parents today. That woman allowed her child to hit my daughter. Arwen did nothing to that boy. He just walked up and hit the shit out of her. I even heard one of them say as they walked away, laughing too I might add, "I guess he thought it was Karla."

If I weren't in the presence of my daughter I'd have slapped the shit out of those women. I'm trying to raise the future generation here but it's hard to do that well when you are surrounded by assholes. I'm just glad it wasn't Logan with me. If that boy had struck him I wouldn't have been able to contain myself and I'm certain a fight would have broken out. I'd like nothing better than to show those women how it feels to be beaten up on and see how they like it.
Take a number and get in line. I plan on taking my time.

People today, I just don't get it. And what's worse? I hope I'm doing right as a Mom to my children. I want them to be respectful of others but I don't want them being walked on by these rude children they are growing up with.

Maybe it's the rednecks and trash here. I have to admit we are surrounded by those living in poverty, in the projects and cheap mobile homes. Funny thing though. They can't afford rent but they can afford to drive a new car, while carrying around designer imposter purses and blackberry phones, with their nails and hair did.

I guess if I had the government supporting me I could "live large" too. I guess that little thing called "self respect" is holding me back.

1 comments:

Erin said...

You're better than me at holding your tongue, I would have laid into that boy. I don't care whose kid it is, if they do something wrong I let them know. Esp. if their own parent doesn't do a damn thing to reprimand them. Last month we went to the Pumpkin Fest around these parts and a boy probably about 10 years old was standing next to Hailey's stroller while we were waiting in line for something and he almost elbowed her right on top of the head. He was literally a couple millimeters away. I yelled at him to get the hell away from my kid, that he almost elbowed her in the head. He gave me a look like "who the hell are you to talk to me like that?" and I yelled at him some more, telling him I said to get the hell away from my kid. Oh I was pissed. My husband gets SO mad at me when I give people a piece of my mind. But I can't help it, like you said, people are so damned rude and inconsiderate these days. I'm not being rude by telling it like it is, I'm just calling them on their actions! Like people smoking in public...I make sure to gag and cough and talk about how nasty smoking is and how rude they are for doing it in public. Or phones/talking in theaters...sorry but I turn around and give tell them to be quiet or whatever it is they're doing. Ok I could go on and on about this subject, I'd better stop here...