CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sicko


I suckered Jim into watching this with me. He detests Michael Moore but I personally find him pretty entertaining.

The film is in my opinion, his best yet. Very eye opening and also funny (and not so funny) at times. I certainly found myself recalling so many problems with my own insurance provider (Blue Cross and Blue Shield). I actually have a folder in my filing cabinet labeled "Insurance disputes". That file currently holds 2 full folders worth of calls and aggravation.

I'm not sure what the solution to health care is. I'm not even going to say that I do. There is alot of information to process and I've never been one to open her mouth only to insert my foot (ok, maybe I have done that but only on non-important issues). I just believe all people deserve to be cared for when they are ill. Especially our children.

Unfortunately this issue is also compounded by constant abuse of the system. Such as people abusing the hospitals and emergency rooms. An example would be someone calling the ambulance because they "don't have a ride", or coming into the ER to drug seek or get a meal.

No wonder there is a shortage of nurses and care providers.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

We've talked about watching this & I'm not sure I can. I might get way too worked up. It hits way close to home.