CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Suddenly Sad Mood

Maybe it's the rainy weather, I'm sure it adds to it. Maybe it's the cold. Or Maybe it's because if watching about Baby Grace aka Baby Riley followed by watching segments of Schindler's list. Irregardless of reason, I'm suddenly in a sad mood.

I cannot for the life of me understand someone who can knowingly hurt a person, especially a child. I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. I think about Riley. A innocent little girl, just starting out her life. Only to be abused, beaten and killed by her own Mother no less.

When I think about children in the past, such as those in the holocaust, I try not to think of my own children in this situation. But I'd be lying if I said I don't. I imagine someone hurting them and I grow angry, upset and shut my brain off quickly. But some women don't have that option. Some women are currently dealing with rape, torture and murder in other parts of the globe.

While I am thankful to live where I do, in the land of the free, my heart still aches for those that suffer.

Sorry for the ramble, it's just gotten to me today I suppose.

0 comments: