CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Days of Hell - Day 3 Friday

I struggle to wake and look at the clock. It's 11am. My Mom walks into the room (mother in law). She asks if I need anything. I motion toward my pain meds. The pain is awful, worse than the day before. She hands me my medication and water.

When I'm done she tells me that she got a call from Arwen's school since Arwen didn't go. She tells me that she and Jimbo noticed the Hand, Foot and Mouth on Arwen and kept her home. The teacher was angry:

"This is Mrs. B calling, wondering where Arwen is today and why she is missing class?"

"Oh hello, I'm Mrs. S, Jaime's Mother in law. She just had surgery and it was my son and I that noticed Arwen had the hand foot and mouth..."

"So she does have it??" Mrs. B rudely interrupts. "I read up on this and if she has it I'll have to degerm and sanitize the entire classroom!"

"As I'm aware of it, Jaime contacted both you and the office via phone and emails concerning this. She asked if you'd prefer she keep Arwen home and never received a response."

"Well, it's all done now. Please tell Mrs. S that I hope she recovers quickly. I look forward to Arwen being in class Monday."

"Tuesday, Arwen will be in class Tuesday."

"We are not out for Veterans Day. Arwen has class Monday."

"I'm aware of this Mrs. B, however, Arwen's doctor has advised us to keep her out for a full week, until Tuesday. So going by his orders, you will see her then."

Mom tells me this conversation, I want to go find Mrs. B and shake the shit out of her.

I crawl out of bed and walk down two flights of stairs to email Mrs. B. I call her out on the emails and phone calls which went totally unanswered. I then tell her Arwen will see her Tuesday.

I curse her name with each step I have to take back up to my bedroom.

0 comments: