CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Junie B. Jones


So, during that little TALK with my daughter's teacher, she mentioned Junie B. Jones.
.
"Have you ever read Junie B. Jones?" she asked as she looked over Arwen's records.
.
"No I sure haven't, what does she write?" I watched as she started digging around on the desk and finally produced a book and handed it to me.
.
"This is Junie B. She reminds me alot of Arwen. Junie B. doesn't mean to get into trouble, she just can't seem to help herself."
.
I withheld judgement on if this was an insult or not until I finally got my hands on one of the books. They are meant for younger children and I have to admit, they are cute. Arwen rolled with laughter as I read "Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business." Junie B. has quite the tude' and in some ways does remind me of my pride and joy.
.
But some of the book didn't describe my daughter and I found myself wondering what the teacher was thinking reading this to her kindergarten class. My reason? Junie B. and her friends love to name call. Poopy Head, Big Fat Jim and cry-baby are just a few mentioned in the story I read.
.
All in all, my daughter does share eerie similarities to Junie B. and I can honestly say we enjoyed reading the book together. I took her howls and guffaws of joy deep into my heart. So it was definately worth the money and I'll be buying the collection for she and I to share together.
.
As for the name calling, I'll let you in on a little secret but you have to swear not to tell anyone! Ok...I did some name calling of my own in elementary school. I was not the saint I'd have my daughter believe.
Ok, no telling anyone? Especially Arwen. Pinkie promise??

0 comments: