CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Days of Hell - Day 2 Thursday

Get little sleep, wake at 6am, prepare daughter for school, see her off. Spend the morning with my children.

Feed the baby girl one last time before departing to the hospital. Arrive on time and sign in. Get called back. The lady assigned to perform my lab work is very unfriendly, I'm relieved when she gives me over to my nurse.

My nurses are awesome (love love love them). They calm me and I strip down to prepare. I tell the RN doing my IV my veins are good but easily blown, she listens and numbs me up, gets the IV in and has to dig a bit but there is little pain.

Surgeon comes in, I answer his questions. My heart is pounding as I kiss my Mom and Jimbo. I tell them I will see them soon and I love them. Jimbo holds on to me for a few seconds longer than usual, I lean into him.

I'm carted into surgery. Everyone is very nice, "how are you? This will be over in a snap, you'll do great!" is repeated. I'm laid upon the slim table. A mask is placed over my face and I'm told, "you've just had something inserted into your IV to calm you."

As I watch everyone standing over me, I start to feel funny. I'm asked "can you tell you've had anything?" and I say "yes".

Everything is black.

I open my eyes. There is pain, I see a nurse and she smiles. "Pushing 2 more morphine." I hear her say, followed by, "we'll get that pain under control honey." I ask for my husband and am told, "soon honey, soon."

When I'm awake I'm carted to a room to recover. I smile when I see Jim and my Mom. Shortly after Mom goes to get daughter from school and brings her in to see me. I'm released and go home.

I'm sore and it hurts badly to move. I crawl into bed and fall to sleep. The only time I wake is to nurse the baby.

0 comments: