CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Days of Hell - Day 4 Saturday

I wake and try to move around. The pain is less. I stretch out the best I can and look at baby girl. She is still sleeping, the clock says 11:22.

I get up and slowly go downstairs and check on my family. Logan is coughing but otherwise all is well. I make a snack and go back upstairs and read. I have several books I've purchased. I manage to finish 2 of them in between sleep and waking.

I wake again, it's 8pm. I hear Jimbo bringing the kids up for bed and Logan is coughing worse. I climb out of bed and hurry into the boys room. Logan is warm and has the onset of wheezing. I try to refrain from getting ugly with Jimbo over not waking me.

I give Logan his nebulizer treatment,cough syrup and motrin. I kiss them goodnight and go back into my room. Then it starts...

8:45 - Logan is coughing a bit worse, it sounds bad. I get him out of bed and sit him on the toilet. I put the shower on full blast, super hot water. After 15-20 minutes the steam does its job. Logan is breathing a bit smoother and coughing less. I lay him back down.

10pm- Logan is coughing. I go in and check on him. He's still wheezing and I can't give him his treatment yet but his breathing isn't labored.

11:30- I give him his nebulizer again. He doesn't respond so back into the shower. I keep him in there until our 40 gallon water heater runs cold. He seems a bit better.

0 comments: