CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Verdict

When I got to the doctor this morning I felt something hard next to Annabel's leg in the car seat. When I pulled her out to see what it was. It was none other than our cordless telephone that I'd placed in her lap to set on the charger.

That should be an indication of how great my day is going.

I have the shingles. The doctor didn't have to look at me long to give the diagnosis. Too bad for me my doctor is tired of dealing with the nursing v/s medications game. I got a shot of steroids, some samples to rid myself of this mess and nothing else. I was somewhat shocked because it's painful and I'd been told by everyone not to fret, he would give me something for the pain. When I asked why I wasn't receiving anything I was pretty much told he gives a shot of Toradol for pain and that as I'm nursing I can't get it. I'm guessing here that a prescription to tide me over for a couple of days is too much to ask.

I'm so over this Doctor. He's always kind of rubbed me the wrong way but today was the final straw. I realize physicians have drug seekers coming in all the time but how many of them have an active case of shingles to make their case?

This makes me wonder what it will take for this man to have some compassion. In any event, I'm on the mend but the burning, itching, stinging and throbbing pain isn't going away anytime soon.

It could be worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez when it rains it pours doesn't it. Hope you feel better soon! **hug**

Lawfrog said...

Well now that just sucks, stings, and burns! I'm so sorry, I was really hoping it wouldn't be shingles. You should be able to take regular pain meds like Tylenol while breastfeeding to deal with the pain.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. And totally dump that doctor! You need to find someone who is respectful of your breastfeeding choices. There's no call for that guy to be so dismissive.