CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reflection

The past few days have been pretty reflective on my blog and I'd be a fool to try and convince you it isn't revolving around one individual person.

It's hard letting go of something I suppose and I'll not deny I harbor some of the fault where things lay wrong. But eventually someone has to be the adult and say enough is enough. The time comes for a person to make a decision and stand by it. I suppose someone can only bear so much hurt which brings forth resentment and anger before they look themselves in the mirror and admit the cold hard truth.

It's time to let go.

The person of which I speak reads this blog from time to time and no doubt will read this entry. In the event this happens I'd like to say simply:

Leave me alone.

You've hurt me and being around you and the way you treat me only continues to reek havok on my emotions. Do what is right. Move forward in another path as I walk alone in mine. I wish you happiness and joy but I do not wish friendship with you. Not anymore. So don't call, don't write, I won't read or respond. Not again.

The hardest goodbyes are the ones when people don't want to walk away but know they have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like there is alot of refelction going around the blogs these days. I believe when you let go of a friend who doesn't deserve you, you only open yourself up to a better friendship. I hope that you can find a friend that deserves you. As I say I always wish we lived closer because I know we'd be close... but you are a sweet person Jaime someone will see that and scoop you up. You'll forget the pain and laugh with a new friend. Hang in there sweet! **hug** (Read MUA)

Katherine said...

About 4 years ago, I got rid of one of my very good (so I thought) friends. We were college roommates, moved out together, hung out all the time, but she always had to be the center of ALL attention, male and female. I finally had enough, and stopped talking to her, emailing her and seeing her. It sucked for like a month while our mutual friends picked sides, but the minor trouble was SO worth it.

Getting rid of toxic friends is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your family!!