CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

When remakes Attack



I wanted to see this in theatres but didn't. So when this came out on DVD I just 'had' to see it. We made some nachos, popped in the movie and sat back to enjoy...well, we intended to enjoy anyway.

This is, in my opinion, one of the worst remakes made. I'm a fan of Rob Zombie and his music but as a director I'm unsure. I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses somewhat, thought that The Devils Rejects was worth a watch, but Halloween just didn't work for me.

The problem is partially Zombies' need to have that 'shock' value. He always pushes boundaries to get that "oh my god" reaction. In one scene he depicts a girl in the jail/mental ward being raped in Michaels room by two employees. It's violent and raw and honestly so out of place in the movie. It also doesn't help that Zombie has a hard on (no pun intended) for his wife, Sherri Moon Zombie, and places her in all of his features (poor girl just can't act).

Overall the movie is very slow, very boring and just not that great. I almost gave up and didn't watch the last 30 minutes. If you're looking for a great T&A film, this one might work for you. But if you want a true horror film, stick with the original.

0 comments: