CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Hell-Mart and Rude Ass Employees

I'm sure any of you can sympathize. You get a gift and:

A. Already have the item.
B. Don't like the item.
C. Can't use the item.
D.Whatever other reason.

So what do you do? You take it back. This is what normal people do. Right?

Today I returned two games Vincent got for his birthday. The reason? They were both the same exact game, Thomas the Train for leapster AND because we already have 2 of that same game at home.

I get in line at Bitch-Mart and wait. I'm smiling with Vince and in an all together good mood. Then it's my turn and I hand the girl the games, laugh about getting duplicate gifts at his party and tried to make conversation. She ignores me and punches in numbers. As she tries to put the amount on a card she calls a CSM over. This is the conversation, words written as I heard them:

"You cain't bring no more things back here for 6 months without a receipt after today."

I look at the CSM confused. I don't understand the animosity and I also don't understand why I can't return things without a receipt. So I say what any confused person would.

"Pardon?"

She stares hatefully at me. "I say, you cain't bring nothing else back here for 6 months. You paist your limit on thangs to bring back. You get 3 in 6 months and dis is your third time."

"Ok, so what do I do in the future? This was a birthday present, he got two of the same things."

"Keep up with da receipts den." She snaps.

"Uh, I just told you, I didn't purchase this, it was for my sons birthday..."

"Well, keep up with your receipts next time."

It feels like a stand off and I'm not backing down.

"Listen, I keep my own receipts but when it's a present..."

"You ain't allowed to brang nothing back for 6 months, keep up with your receipts next time."

At this point I'm pissed off.

"Fine," I say, snatching up the gift card. "Next time, I'll be sure to write in each invitation, "Please bring receipts for all gifts, Wal-Mart says so!"

I walked off fuming, left fuming, got home fuming and I'm still fuming. What the hell?? Please understand. I realize why they have this policy. I know people steal and bring stuff back with them. My problem is I'm sick and tired of people that shouldn't work with the public.

If you can't be polite to people that come into the place you work. Find another job, period. I have zero sympathy for you. I used to work with the public. It takes a certain kind of person, a people person. You have to enjoy being around other people and being nice and listening. You have to learn control and above all else to keep your bad attitude at home.

I'm writing a letter to Wal-Mart. This isn't the first time I was treated rudely. Just the first time I was treated rudely in front of my children. I'll take my $1500 dollars a month spent there to another store. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to treat me well and to take our cash.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box... that would have driven me nuts. I would've had to ask for her manager.

Jaime said...

Hi Erin ;)

I really need to catch up on everyones blogs, I hope you are well! =)

You're right, she was a bit strange and I'm alot calmer now. I think she was having a bad day and taking it out on someone (aka me).