CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Family Christmas Drama

Ok, so I said I'd let you all in on my Christmas. Here we go.

Christmas Eve was spent here. It really sucks but it had to happen. This is the 2nd time in my entire life I haven't made it to my Grandma's house. It broke my heart and I debated it for days but finally the choice was made. I wasn't going.

Why?

I removed a blog about this a long time ago. But basically, my Father in Law and my Aunt Glo don't like one another. They live in the same neighborhood and at first she got along with him and his friends. But as she is a drunk, a violent one at that, it was short lived. When they blocked her from their little inner circle she became pissed and as she has no job and lives off of rich old geezers (I'm not making this up) she has nothing better to do with her time than to be an evil bitch.

So one day, after many failed attempts to hurt Jim directly, she went indirectly to the one source that would hurt the most. His grandchildren or to put it better, MY children. She emailed DHR (or CPS, whatever it's called where you are) and reported false abuse claims. I was 6 months preggo, waiting for my sitter to arrive to attend Logans IEP meeting, when the doorbell rang. I opened it and greeted the young woman at the door. When I was told she was from DHR, investigating a report of abuse, I was shocked.

I had to answer all sorts of questions. I was told that I supposedly did all sorts of things, ranging from locking my children in their rooms, to Jimbo having a violent temper and almost dislocating Arwens shoulder in a fit of rage. I did have one huge ace in my pocket however. I have Early Intervention in my home each and every week. I got on the phone to them pronto.

Thank god, the case was dropped within days. All of my Early Intervention contacts contacted the DHR caseworker. As I was reported to abuse drugs, I had to submit my doctors records to prove I had gallstones at the time and was prescribed Meperghen Fortis (just imagine how embarrassed I was, 6 months pregnant, signing over my medical to prove I wasn't a druggie).

So anyhow, this happened months ago but I'm still angry about it. Wouldn't you be? My Aunt refuses to admit she did this but I'm pretty sure it was her. After all, she was the one that got drunk one night and began screaming on the CB radio she keeps that I was a huge whore and all of my children had different fathers. After this the police were called and a report was filed (DHR had this to look up as well and they did, another reason the report was dropped).

Now, my beloved Grandma knows nothing about any of this situation. She is 70 years old and I would never place this on her shoulders. Through the years she has been burdened enough with Glo. My Grandma has watched as her daughter has been placed in jail, charged over and over with DUI's, placed in jail for fighting, public drunkeness, etc. If it has to do with drinking, Glo has been charged with it.

So I called her and told her that due to Annabel's runny nose, we wouldn't be coming out this year. Instead I told her we would come out the first of January to have a visit, just her and the kids. I feel a bit bad about it because I never know what Christmas will be my last shared with her. I love her so very much. But I don't need or want to be around Glo, period. I'm usually very low key and easy going but I'll admit I have a fire in my ass that wants me to just take her down a few notches. I can't promise myself I wouldn't punch her in the face, as un-adult as that is.

Christmas day was great, little to no drama the entire day (I can't believe it!) and so far we've just enjoyed our vacation time together (Jimbo is off work for the week).

0 comments: