CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Meme


Taking this meme from the lovely Erin ;) Pass it along!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, with bows and ribbon!

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I was raised with artificial and when I married Jimbo he begged me to start taking on his yearly traditions so I gave it a shot. I'm so glad I did. We make a big thermos of hot cocoa and go pick out a tree, each take a turn cutting it. Then we return to the van and drink our cocoa while christmas music plays. We also go the first weekend after Thanksgiving to see the reindeer.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend following Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first week in January.

5. Do you like egg nog? Oh good lord YES. I keep it stocked during December (and I spike it at Christmas!)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A horse. My aunt Laura got me a welsh pony/quarter horse. Her name was princess and I adored her. She foundered however after getting into feed and we gave her to a family with small children as she couldn't be ridden any longer.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, in the house set up as a decoration.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My husband.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cheap perfume. Yuck.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. I own it and watch it faithfully at least a couple of times every christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year. I start up early, if I find something I get it and put it up for the holidays.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. But only on good gifts I would never use. Not cheap ones lol.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The cookies from the bake.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Always colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. We see my side and then my husbands.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. We open gifts at my Grandma's and exchange and before bed we give the children one small gift to open. Then in the morning the kids come down and all the gifts are under and around the tree. We set up sections for each child.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The rude people, the traffic and the crowds. It's terrible.

23. Favorite ornament, theme or color? Our first christmas ornament, pictured above.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? As my husband is Italian, spaghetti or ravoli usually. Homemade.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Usually I always want at least one thing for myself. But this year I'll just want to be feeling well enough to soak in my children having a wonderful christmas.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Littlesunshine maybe?

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? People that don't read my blog? I don't know lol!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... you know me too well! :D