CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the Mend

Talk about a seriously bad week. Whatever it was I caught wiped me completely. I was so exhausted from the throwing up and lack of sleep it wasn't even funny. And to make matters worse, Jimbo didn't have alot of time to take off so I was left to fend for myself with the kids. I made a pallet in the floor in my office and spent as much time as possible laying down.

I called my surgeon. I've had the worse case of heartburn and we think it's from the zoloft my neurologist placed me on. I was told to come off of it so I'm hoping that is one less thing to deal with.

As for the migraines. I'm sick of them. Honestly. I've had them for years but the last year or so they've increased in duration, frequency and severity. I've decided I am going to take the neck block offered by the neurologist on my visit in January. Last time I went in I was doing a bit better and she said to hold off. But I'm going to move past my fear of needles. A tiny sting can't be as bad as a night of head pounding hell.

Katherine asked if I'd tried the nasal medications or injections. I've tried many things, I could get my chart from the Dr to tell you exactly what they are. The main problem comes in nursing Annabel. Many of those medications are not compatible with breastfeeding. The one thing that always seemed to work for me was Toradol injections. I LOVE that stuff. But I can't have it until she is weaned. I'm hoping that once I return to a regimen of that I will no longer need anything else. On a bad migraine the doctor would give me a Toradol shot, phenegren and nubain and send me to sleep it off. That always worked and it seemed like it would be at least a couple of weeks before another migraine would strike. So we started doing Toradol on a bi-weekly basis and that eliminated them almost completely.

I think part of the problem also stems from the TMJ. Some of the worse migraines I get are from a TMJ night. I can always tell by the tightness in my jaw and soreness from grinding. I have to go to the dentist to get fitted for some little plastic thing that fits over my front teeth. This is supposed to help as well.

Actually, it was so bad at one point this week I seriously contemplated going to the ER. I've only been 2 times in my life for severe migraines in the last 10 years. I tried the Meperghen Fortis but kept throwing up so I'm sure it didn't stay down. But I think I also had the flu or something as well because of the aches and heartburn.

Thanks for the supportive and super sweet comments!! It makes me feel alot better to know you thought of me. I'm on the mend and trying to recover now. At least the vomiting is gone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better Jaime.
I don't have migraines, and from what you go through, I am thankful I don't! I hope that once Annabel is weaned you'll be able to take the medication you need and it will work! **hugs**

Katherine said...

Was the zoloft for the migraines or something else? It's interesting that you'd get more migraines while on it, I know one of the uses is for migraine prevention.

Take the neck block! My migraines finally got so bad that I can actually inject myself with imitrex when I get one. And I'm a big fainter when it comes to needles. (I passed out when given a TB test once!) I do have to wait until the pain hits, because I can't give it until i have no other choice!

Jaime said...

Hi Katherine ;)

The zoloft was for the migraines yes. I've been on it for a couple of months now and have to stop because of the heartburn.

Oh believe me, I'm taking the block, I tried to get in before christmas for it but she was booked. I am on the call list if someone cancels though. I hope that happens!