CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Steve Guttenburg



I have a confession but not a Mommy one. I've been watching a movie from the 80's the last few days. I've watched it over 6 times now and can't seem to stop. It's like a weird addiction or something and poor Jimbo gives me the strange eye when he sees it on the television (yet again).

The movie is Don't Tell her it's Me. An old 80's movie (to be exact, it was released in 1990 but it's like late 80's) that has it all. Romance, comedy, drama and of course, a mullet. You simply cannot beat a movie that contains a leading mullet man, especially if that man is none other than one and only Steve Guttenburg.

I'm not sure what the pull is. Maybe it's Shelley Long (I'm also addicted to Troop Beverly Hills but thank god for Jim, I don't have the vhs of it) or Jami Gertz (nah, it's not her). Maybe it's just how adorable the movie is, or maybe it's because it takes me back.

Or maybe I just need to admit I've finally fallen off my rocker and need professional help. No matter what happens, at least I'll still have Steve aka Lobo Marunga.

**added** I read at the SteveGuttenburgProject this movie also goes by the title "The Boyfriend School".

3 comments:

Alice said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in my fondness for Steve Guttenberg movies!

  said...

Could it be the accent, Jaime? Steve had it pretty down pat, but Lobo Marunga is as non-New Zealand a name as you can get!

Jaime said...

Hey Jack ;)

Maybe that is it. I'm going to have to watch it again and test out that theory. I just need to find the tape, Jim hid it around here somewhere.

Thanks for visiting! ;)
Jaime