CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Man in the Mirror


Man in the Mirror (as told by my Mother and Aunt)

Many things happened to us while living in the house on Clinton Avenue. My brothers, sisters and I quickly learned never to wander the house alone. After the incident with the phone, Suzanne refused to take go into the bathroom alone. So each night we sat with one another when we showered.
.
On this particular night, she said she would shower first. I sat on the toilet to talk to her. The bathroom wasn't very large, you'd walk in through the door and directly in front of you stood the mirror and sink. To the left was the toilet, followed by the shower.
.
When she finally finished she slid the curtain back and stepped out. While she was drying herself I got my things ready. Just as I was about to step in, she removed the towel from her head to wipe away the steam collected on the bathroom mirror. I looked up while she did this, I guess force of habit to see yourself in the mirror when we both saw it.
.
Standing behind us in the mirror was a old man. His face was white, he was balding and his face was motionless. It didn't take long for us to begin screaming, we bolted for the door.
.
Suzanne grabbed the knob and began to turn frantically, it wouldn't open. She struggled with it, pushing and pulling, twisting right and left. We were too afraid to look back into the room and began crying for Mom. She knew something was wrong and had run up as soon as she heard our first cry. She was already at the other side of the door, trying to open it.
.
She kept screaming back "what's wrong?? what is it??" and we yelled in turn, "get us out, please! open the door!"
.
Then we heard Mom start praying. She was saying the lord's prayer, it came out jumbled because she was saying it so quickly. She stopped saying the prayer to tell us our Father was fetching a screw driver to remove the door off the hinges.
.
It turns out that wasn't necessary because the door suddenly opened. I was left staring at my Mom, naked as the day I was born. I rushed to her in tears, my sister close behind me.
.
When we looked into the mirror again, the man was gone.

0 comments: