CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's the deal with Lindsay?


Now I realize that by making this entry, I'm feeding into the beast that is Lindsay Lohan. But I have to ask, what is it with this girl? I've seen her movies and I don't find her exceptional as actresses go. She's not anything to make a huge fuss over, not in my opinion. So why is she hounded and followed and put on the covers of the spamazines?


Today I read about her posing to recreate Marilyn Monroe's legendary last photo shoot. My first question was...why??


Lindsay will never be anything like Marilyn. Oh sure, she's got the party hard lifestyle down but as far as that "thing" Marilyn had, Lindsay just doesn't. I could sit and watch a movie in awe when Ms. Monroe took the screen. There was just something about her. And I'm pretty sure each year young fans get a taste of Marilyn and they too are hooked.

Can you honestly say that about Ms. Lohan? I wish they'd taken the time and money (and talent of the photographer) and had used a better person to capture the essence of Marilyn. Could you imagine how beautiful these pictures would have been if they'd asked Kate Winslet??

2 comments:

Rae said...

as a kid she was *adorable* in the remake of the parent trap. she had promise. even merryl streep thought so a few years back when she did a movie with her.

but now? i'm with you. i've got no patience for all her antics and lack of quality acting.

Erin said...

I agree...she just doesn't fit the part.