CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Another sick news story


I've been loosely following THIS story. It is just too much for me at times to even think about. I hope the baby didn't suffer but I'm sure she did. Being cooked in a microwave and dying hours later cannot be pleasant.

This is the reason I stay at home. This is why I've never had anyone babysit that wasn't my own Mother, Sister, or Mother in law (or Aunt on a few occassions). I fear too much for my children. The world isn't the place it used to be. You cannot even trust Mothers with their own children anymore.

I hope this woman burns. I think we are too lax on people that commit crimes such as these. Things like this occur too often, to too many children. Now don't misunderstand me. I realize that in some circumstances women are mentally ill. For them I feel sorrow but I can't impart total blame. If you've ever read Are you Home Alone about Andrea Yates you'll see what I mean. Sometimes people don't heed the warning signs and in those situations I blame the support system *cough*her husband*cough.

The more I see things like this the more I really am considering adoption in the future. I know my children drive me batty from time to time but they also fill me with more gratification than any well paying job ever could. Just knowing I could take a child from a potentially dangerous environment, show him or her endless love and devotion. That I could become a Mother to a child that desperately needs it. How can I not consider taking that step?

In the meantime, there are more children than my loving arms could ever take in and that breaks my heart. Children are so innocent, how can a person harm one. I just don't understand and I'm glad I don't.

(note, the picture above was taken from HERE. The image really touched me. It is Children adopted with mental illness caused by the time they spent in the orphanageYedioth Achronot 2006)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can't bring myself to read the story you posted about, but get the general gist of it by your post. Things like this break my heart. Children are so innocent...how could anyone hurt a child? Mentally ill or not...I just don't get it. Personally, I think a person should be punished in the way of the crime they committed. I think the same should be done to them as they did to another...esp. if it's a helpless little child!

I've brought up adoption to my husband in the past...it's always something I've thought about doing, for the reasons you stated. He wasn't brought up the same as I though, unfortunately, and would never let adoption be an option for us.

Lawfrog said...

I'm with you on Andrea Yates and her husband. I truly believe he should have gone on trial too.

I don't understand why someone would have a child and then abuse and/or kill him or her. It just makes no sense and it is desperately sad.