CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm becoming my Mother



The last few weeks it's been terrible. First it was throwing toys all over the basement, then it was pulling each and every DVD down from the shelves, then it was spraying drinks all over the floors and walls.

Then this week while I was dressing to take Arwen to the doctor (I was in my own bathroom, right inside the room!) the boys got into my closet, pulled down all the clothes from their hangers, pulled out all the folded slacks and sweaters and threw them all over the closet floor. It took over an hour to organize again, even with Jimbo's help.
Then the very next day, they did the exact same to Arwen's closet, pulling down not only her clothes but her shoe boxes, toys and Annabel's things.

So today I should have known. I should have known my demon spawn would do something that would make me want to pull out my hair. And sure enough, they did. It was a beautiful day so I took them outside on the back deck of our home. They waited until I was nursing Annabel in the office so I wouldn't flash the neighbors, (they knew I could see part of the porch but not all of it).

The picture above is what greeted me when I was done nursing her. They have thrown all of their toys over the railing, again. (I know, it's not the first time, terrible isn't it?)

I'm gathering those toys and they are going in the garage for a month. I will no longer tolerate this from them. I've tried being nice. I've tried time outs. I've tried taking from them. I've tried yelling, I've tried talking, I've tried everything but down right busting some bums. I'm at the end of my rope. I cannot deal with this anymore. I truly believe something is wrong with my children. I've never met children who thrive so much on destruction. They do this each day with no remorse, no regret. They treat me like garbage and I'm not standing for it anymore.

Currently they are sitting on the couch. No television is on, no music, no toys or books in sight. Tonight they will not get to play around. Instead they will have a subdued night with a book reading before bedtime and little else. They are going to have to earn the right to play with toys and have a good time.

I'm going to do something I swore I never would. I'm going to become my Mother. I had a very healthy fear of my Mom and because of it I kept my ass in line. I knew what was coming to me if I didn't.
I've had enough.

**edit. I decided to throw all the toys away (with the exception of Arwen's things they grabbed)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hug* I can imahine your frustration. My children can reek quite a bit of havic and they aren't as old as your boys yet. I'm not looking forward to it. I think taking their toys away is a good idea!

OMH said...

This too will pass! That was tatooed on my forhead backwards so I could see it everytime I looked in the mirror after locking myself in the bathroom and clicking my heels together saying "There's no place but home...there's...."

I survived! That is what you need to remember now I'm the one that gets to smile as I hear my children say "Mom do you know what my son (daughter) did today?"

I lucked out one day - I had a bag of clothes for a friend by the door right after I had gathered up the toys that were to be put in storage for 2 weeks because they would not clean up and put them in a similar trash sack, my friend showed up I gave her the bag and said these are for kids that no how to treat toys.

I do not remember ever having to tell them more than twice after that to clean up the toys.....and you know they never even questioned how they got said toys back after a couple of months because I kept delaying giving them back because I didn't want them to figure out I had ummmmmm LIED (it's such a strong word) Tricked (I like that one better) them!