CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sleepy, Black Eyed, Blues



First the black eye.
Yesterday, in a gesture of good will, Vincent decided to run to me as if giving a huge hug and head butt me at the very last second. Pain shot through my eye ball cavity (or whatever the correct term is, I believe it's socket) and I sat holding my face for at least a minute. As I felt my cheekbone the flesh was already raised and sore. I went into the bathroom and had a nice goose egg under my left eye. This morning it's a nice blue/black color. Fan-Tas-Tic!

Later in the afternoon when Jim got home with Arwen, he immediately started poking at my now bright shiner. I became annoyed at his humor in the situation so I hurried away and grabbed Arwen's school folder. Inside was a note asking us to please speak with our child as she is getting into trouble too often at school. So I spent the better part of the evening speaking to my daughter and trying to explain how important it is that she try her best at school. I walked away feeling as if I'd failed. Arwen just doesn't 'listen' well. It doesn't help that she also thinks she is smarter than me, her father, or any adult.

Her teacher called this morning and we had a nice chat. It seems that Arwen's major problem is yapping and not paying attention. We agreed on a game plan and I'm crossing my fingers that it will work. We have a long road ahead. Arwen is so incredibly smart and that intelligence is beginning to work against her.

Then to add insult to injury, Annabel pulled another all nighter. She finally drifted off to sleep, in the bed with me, at around 4am this morning (around then anyhow, at some point I quit looking at the clock. It's just depressing realizing I have to get up in 2 hours).

So this morning, I..

Am so sleepy I'm having problems functioning.

Resolved an issue with my daughter's teacher for the time being, doing so while my brain is on an extended "no sleep, no thinking straight for you" strike.

And got to walk my son to the bus, in my jammie pants and Brown's T-Shirt and a nice big black eye.

Life is good, I love my life. Or so I keep telling myself.

I love my life...I love my life...I love my life...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime. **hugs** Don't you sometimes just wonder why you get out of bed? I do. Only... we can't stay there all day if we wanted to. I feel for you sweetie.***hugs***

I'm sporting a rather large scratch down my cheek from B's loving embrace as well. Love hurts. :D