CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gallstones and a Lick-tenstein?



Last night was hell. It started out innocently enough. I made a home cooked dinner consisting of Mom's Salsa Meatloaf, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes and Mac and Cheese. We all ate (as usual I wolfed, I don't have time to sit and eat just yet). It was bath night so Jim took the boys, me the girls. We got them set and came down to the family room together.

Around 8pm I felt it. I knew immediately what was coming and I started to panic. I've not had a gallstone attack in several months but the pain of one was still very clear in my mind. I told Jim what was happening, rushed upstairs, grabbed 2 Lortabs from Annabel's birth and took them. Within 15 minutes the attack was in full swing and I was vomiting. I prayed some of the Lortab stayed in my system and hugged the toilet in agony for an hour or so. The attack lasted about an hour and a half.

So now I'm going to have to continue with my surgical plans to remove my gallbladder. I was really hopeful the pregnancy was the underlying cause but obviously it is not. I'm nervous and worried but it has to be done. The worst part is I'm not sure what medications I can take safely if I have another attack. In the past I was prescribed Meperghen Fortis but I know I cannot take that due to the phenegren in the drug (not safe for Annabel). Worrying about this is an added stress and I've finally pulled out the pump to start stashing food for her.

I climbed into bed and slept until 11pm, when Annabel decided it was time to wake for her playtime. She kept me up from 11pm until 4am. During that time I decided to just bite the bullet and bring my sore behind downstairs. On a whim I changed my manicure, which brings me to the Lick-tenstein part.

Just seeing the name of this bottle of polish gives me the giggles. Where in the world did they come up with a name like that? I can't wait until someone asks "what's that polish". They will look at me like I've lost my mind when I answer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime! I was so hoping that your attacks would have gone away with Annabel's birth too. :( I'm sorry that you are still battling it. **hugs**
But I mean, at least your nails look great! LOL Only a NB would understand that comment. **HUGS**