CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

10 Things about Me


I have a severe case of writers block. I'm not sure why (umm actually isn't that what writer's block is, duh Jaime).

I've wanted to write something clever, funny and upbeat. Something that will entertain anyone out there who drops by from time to time to read what I have to say. It's frustrating when I sit and stare at the blank page and think...well think nothing actually. It's just a big blank slate.

So, I've decided to share some random thoughts and things about myself, 10 of them. I've never been tagged or whatever it's called so I suppose I'm tagging myself.
10 Things About Me!

1.) I love scary things, be it books, movies or TV shows. So my favorite movies are scary ones (and I mean old school scary, not this new Hostel stuff) .

2.) I decorate my house as soon as the fall rolls around. I have 4 tubs in the attic full of decorations. One for fall, Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas. I put decorations both in and outside. I've been told it's reminiscent of a school classroom.

3.) I love to read. I have so many books I've run out of room for them all. I read everything, from the classics, to the modern. Two of my children are named after books/poems that I adore.

4.) I hate mustard. As a child I had to drink some concoction to make me throw up that contained mustard and I've never forgotten. Just the smell makes my stomach churn.

5.) My oldest son is autistic. He is the light of my life and I wouldn't change any part of it. He is the child I'm most protective of and the one that made the greatest positive impact on my life as a Mom.

6.) I didn't want children earlier in my life. I was actually in my 20's and didn't want children. I'd decided in high school I wasn't a "kid" person. Then my niece was born and I fell in love. Soon after the baby bug struck and I've been a lover of little people ever since.

7.) The first blog I ever read was Bun in the Oven (http://www.texasbelle.net/) I couldn't stop reading. I read the entire blog in two days and have been a frequent visitor since. She is the person who started my addiction. One post of hers really sticks out in my mind, http://www.texasbelle.net/?p=1308 , it cracks me up but also reminds me alot of myself.

8.) I have a weird thing with smelling my children. I love to smell their little heads and necks. The youngest two have it really bad since they both have the "baby" smell. I will nuzzle them constantly. After bathing the baby I will smell her little clothes as I'm taking them to the laundry basket. As for my 2 year old, I smell his blanket as I'm making his bed. I can't stop help myself.

9.) I love unicorns. I know that is so 80's of me but it's true. I have two cabinets full of them and love adding to the collection. Oh and to clarify, these are Lenox, Windstone, etc. Not generic unicorns found for $1 at the flea market.

10.) I've been soul searching and thinking very hard about pursuing a degree in nursing. If I do so it would be to eventually work L&D. The birth of my last child was so difficult, both physically and emotionally. My L&D nurse made my experience a positive one and kept me calm during a very scary time. It touched me deeply and has perhaps altered the course of my life.

So there you go. Until I get past this writers block it's the best I can do.

2 comments:

Spook, RN said...

About #10:

Jaime! GO FOR IT! :-)

Nursing is hard. Nursing is tough. Nursing is unforgiving.

But nursing is also very rewarding - and I'm not talking all money here!

We sift tirelessly through an endless sea of pebbles for the nuggets we find.

And it's these nuggets that we treasure.

Sure, you can read our cynical, rant-infested personae online... but deep down inside, most medical professionals do what we do for the reason we do what we do - to help a fellow human being when they are at their worst.

You already have a positive example in the L&D nurse you described who helped during a very difficult time in your life.

Now, imagine doing that to a fellow human being at their most needy...

- Spook

Jaime said...

Spook! ;)

It's people like my L&D nurse and yourself and ERnursey who really inspire me to take a chance and go for it!

I've contacted my college about course transfer and am currently looking into which school in my area I need to attend.

Thank you for the support! I'll be updating as soon as I know something more and will be attempting to take at least a class or two per semester.

Jaime