CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

A fond Memory


It was 1 week after Annabel was born. We didn't want to take her out but I was nursing and we HAD to get a minivan. She was in the back of our car, sleeping soundly for the most part. We made our way to a car lot we'd researched and took a look at a couple of vans. We found one of interest and I stayed in the car with the baby while Jim went inside to "negotiate" a bit. As I was leaning back my nose alerted me to a "gift" from my infant daughter.
.
I grabbed the diaper bag, laid her carefully on a blanket. I removed her diaper and reached for the wipes...but couldn't find any. So here I am, holding her tiny little bottom up in the air and trying to decide what in the world to do.
.
Suddenly she projectile poops all over my shirt and pants. I'm talking warm orangey-yellow breastfed poo goodness. I sit in shock for a second and see Jim walking toward the car. The smell hits him first, then he sees me and immediately begins to laugh. Giving him the eat sh*t and die look, I cleaned her with the blanket she had just ruined and we buckled her into the car seat and rushed to CVS for some wet wipes.
.
I spent the next few hours looking for a minivan, smelling like infant poo with a huge orange stain on my lower torso and pants. Maybe we cut such a great deal on the van we purchased because the salesman just wanted my stinky butt as far away from him as possible.
.
Shirt-20 dollars

Pants-20 dollars

Baby blanket-10 dollars

Having wet wipes when you need them the most? Priceless.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... only a mom would know this horror. :D At least you can put it on a humorous light. :D **HUGS**