CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mom confession of the Week

I treat my children like "little people" and not inferiors. Meaning I allow them the right to make decisions in their lives and voice opinions openly to both my husband and I. I feel that if we respect our children and they know that, they will give us more respect in turn.

I cringe inwardly when I see parents talk down to their children and make all their choices for them. If you don't allow your child to start out simply, by choosing their clothes or what they want for breakfast for example, how can you expect them to make more responsible decisions later in life?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jaime. I also treat my children like little people. I give them choices, within reason, and let them them tell me their opinions. I think it's important for them to learn these skills at a young age, before peer pressure sets in.