CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Punishment


"I don't want to do my hair!!!!" Arwen stomped around the kitchen. Her normally beautiful face a mask of ugliness. Her hair, a curly tangled mess atop her head.

"Arwen, we have to do your hair. Come on, you still have to eat breakfast and we're late." I finished packing Logan's lunch and walked to the freezer to grab his ice pack. We were running behind this morning and I still had to do Arwen's hair, clean an apple for her snack and get shoes on and tied.

"but I don't want to!" Arwen shouted.

"I swear!!" I stopped zipping Logan's lunchbox. "I'm going to go on strike! Then you can go to school with a nappy head, no shoes and no snack! I'm going to go upstairs and go back to sleep with the baby."
.
My husbands voice came out panicked, loud and squeaky.

"Great! Punish me why don't you!"

It's takes a Mom to make the world go round. Mornings like this one make it painfully clear.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... I have *so* had those mornings! Combing the hair is the worst when they fight you on it. **hugs** I feel for you!