CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update: Road Rage Driver


I've spent the better part of my morning being directed from one person to another in an attempt to have a speed bump, excuse me *cough* I mean, a speed table, placed on our short residential road. (I was informed they no longer call them "speed bumps" yet he couldn't say exactly why when I inquired)

After playing phone tag I got in contact with the person in charge. Unfortunately, the person in charge is somewhat confused on the procedure and policy concerning placing a speed table on our street. It seems they no longer are allowed to do that and since it's state property, I cannot pay and have it done myself. So what's a Mom to do to prevent the idiotic people around her from driving like loons and putting her children (and her neighbor's children too I might add) in danger?


Well, it seems that Logan's autism warrants a "handicap children area" sign in front of our house. They will be coming this week or the beginning of next week to place it. When I asked exactly what a handicap sign looks like he said he wasn't sure but "it has something about deaf children on it".


While I am very concerned that our state representitives don't know what they will be sending their crew out to place in front of my house, I'm at least relieved that Mrs. Bimbo speed freak (and the teenagers that live in the house next to her) will see they need to slow it down.


Oh and if that doesn't work, I've got permission to contact the sheriff's deputy for a "stake-out" at the ponderosa to catch us some speeders. I wonder if he likes donuts or pancakes?
.
**for clarification on exactly what I'm talking about, please see my Eating Hearts blog two posts down.

0 comments: