CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

The best I can do


As we made the way up to the top floor the increase in temperature was instantly obvious. The air was heavy and thick. While the kids hopped into bed Jim took a look at the A/C. It quickly became apparent that whatever issues the unit has will require professional help.
.
So, what's a Mom to do when it's stifling hot in all the bedrooms and your kiddos need to get a good night full of zzzzz's? Why, you take a couple mattresses off the beds and have a slumber party in the living room of course! The novelty wore off quickly for Jim and I but the kids had a blast.
.
I woke this morning with a huge crick in my neck courtesy of a restless night on the couch and Jim didn't fare much better from a nights rest on the recliner. Annabel slept all snug and comfie in her portable bassinet.
.
Due to the brain fart of epic proportions I'm currently experiencing, this story about what's occuring in my life is the best I can do. I think it's the sleep deprivation.

4 comments:

Spook, RN said...

Heh!

Reminds me of the time I had to put my "Little Terrorists" (my adorable, loving nieces who loved getting into trouble) to sleep.

I'd put the older one to bed.
Then I'd put the younger one to bed.

But by the time I got done putting the younger one to sleep, the older one would wake up.

When I got done putting her to sleep, the younger one would wake up....

This would go on till about 0430 in the morning by which time, both would be asleep and I'd drag my carcass to the mattress in the hall and collapse into a deep, deep sleep.


Of course, the younger one would awake by 0630 am sharp... and if I didn't get her up by then, she'd end up waking he older one.

And so my day would begin again, nursing the younger one with a bottle while getting breakfast prepped for the older one.....

LOL!

Jaime said...

LOL! You nailed it. That is exactly what they did. It was close to midnight before the finally dozed off.

I'm praying we get upstairs unit up and running. I need some sleep and I needed it yesterday.

Anonymous said...

The best you can do sounds great Jaime... you're a great mom! Always doing what's best for her babies, even if it means a crick in your neck. :D

Jaime said...

Aww thank you Lee *hugs*