CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Lone Mommy


My boys are sick. Yesterday they returned home after a night at Meme's and she told me "Logan has a runny nose, I gave him some medicine for it." So I walk to him and feel his forehead, it's warm. After taking a temp. it was official, he has a fever.

Last night Jimbo and I rotated going into the boys room each time they woke crying, so this morning we are exhausted. I'm also dealing with a major case of irritable bowel and a crick in my neck. So things are just getting better by the minute.

When the boys woke, each had fevers and Logan was wheezing. After giving them Tylenol, cough medication and Logan a breathing treatment, Annabel woke. So I've been rotating between being with the boys and using the hand sanitizer to return to watching the baby girl.

As I was running back and forth this morning I suddenly realized just how true the saying, "Moms don't get a sick day" is. I'm not feeling well myself but that doesn't matter. Instead I'm pushing forward to care for the children who need it most.

Let's hope I can make it through the day and that they don't get worse. If so I'll be making a trip to the doctor with all 3 in tow, possibly 4 if Arwen has to come home (I called to forewarn the school that she may in fact be contagious but I did check her temp before she left the house and she didn't have one). I don't even want to imagine that task.

So today I'm the lone Mommy. Fighting germs, killer colds, blogging and changing diapers. Where did I put my cape?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hope the kiddos are on the mend...

Spook, RN said...

Kids [and Mom :-)] doing better I hope?

My family would be lost without my Mother. No doubts or questions about that at all.

Jaime said...

Hey you two! Thanks for asking about us.

The boys are doing much better. Logan is still wheezing but with treatments has greatly improved. =)